About the Scholarship Award
The award is defined and administered as follows:
- Title of the award shall be the EB Industries Scholarship
- A scholarship review committee comprised of staff of EB Industries will be responsible for choosing the candidate annually.
- Funds will be awarded to support scholarship(s) for tuition, fees or instructional learning expenses
- The intent of the donor is to present at least one $500 scholarship
- Scholarship(s) will be awarded to one or more students meeting the following criteria:
- Student must be a current New York resident from Nassau or Suffolk County, Long Island
- Student must have a minimum 3.0 GPA and must have completed 15 credits or more
- Student must be currently enrolled full time in a four year college or university
- Student’s field of study should be in the field of Engineering.
Scholarship applicants can submit their application materials beginning February 1st 2020 until April 1st, 2020. Selections will be made in the beginning of May 2020. Disbursement of the scholarship will be sent directly to the student’s college or university bursar’s office in June 2020.
An application for the EB Industries Scholarship requires the following as hard copy:
- A cover letter with your contact information and a brief essay in which you describe yourself and your goals for the future
- A copy of your college transcript (an unofficial copy is acceptable)
- A letter of recommendation from a College or University Professor or your current current employer
Please mail all of the above to :
90 Carolyn Boulevard
Farmingdale, NY 11735
Attn: Scholarship Committee
All scholarship applicants will be notified by mail of the decision(s) of the Scholarship Committee. Applicants who are not selected are encouraged to apply in next year, if possible.
EB Industries reserves the right to publish the name of the winner and basic information about the winner, schools attended and the award itself.
Whenever it appears that changing conditions make the plan no longer applicable, practicable or suited to the general purposes stated above, representatives of the College would confer with the donor or representatives of the donor to secure a modification of the plan. If the College is unable to locate the donor or a representative after reasonable efforts, then the College is authorized to utilize the fund for any other suitable educational purpose so that the fund will provide the maximum service to the community through the advancement of higher education. In such instance, the recipient shall meet the requirements of the Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(3).